System (Software) Architect - Vital Signs Sensing Platform
Philips / Eindhoven (NL)Apply on site
use your engineering expertise to model, design and implement some of the world's most innovative medical products. Your contribution can range from the definition of the high-level architecture of the novel Vital Signs Sensing Platform to early customer contacts and concept workshops. Our mission is to develop software to measure biomarkers (vital signs and health/wellness insights) and obtain medical clearance for our software libraries. These software libraries are to be used by Philips Businesses and 3rd party Licensees (B2B).
You are responsible for
* You will be directly responsible for the overall architecture in our projects, with a strong focus on software and a strong hardware dependency. This also requires involvement in software, mechanical and electronic hardware designs.
* You will make fundamental system architecture choices and enable the platform's roadmap together with the Product Managers and Development Manager.
* You are responsible for introduction of new technologies and methods apart from the overall architecture.
* You will maintain a strong tie with Philips Research and the Software Center of Excellence, scout for new technologies, methods and inventions that can be deployed in the platform or generate IP yourself based on your insights.
* You will provide architectural implementation guidance to a team of skilled software designers who are involved in the Platform's creation, extension, and maintenance.
You are a part of
At Philips Intellectual Property & Standards the Integrated Technology Solutions (ITS) department is unique in its SW licensing approach servicing both Philips Businesses as well as 3rd Party licensees outside Philips. You will be working in multi-disciplinary teams of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips ITS and Philips Research.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
* A Master degree (global equivalent or higher degree) in either software, electrical or mechatronic engineering
* 5 - 10 years system and/or software architecture experience in multi-disciplinary systems within the Medical and/or Health/Wellness domain
* Broad technical knowledge and experience with bringing products to the market
* Experience with Healthcare Regulatory aspects (ISO13485, FDA, EU-MDR)
* Experience in translating customer needs into technical requirements and then clearly defining the complete architectural needs to project members
* Experience in coaching (teams) of designers
* Team player and strong communicator
* Strong customer focus, excellent communication skills.
Conditions and benefits
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take on this challenge, we invite you to apply!
In return, we offer you
An exciting role in a start-up mentality driven team where taking the initiative is encouraged. Due to the diversity of projects your job is very dynamic and provides an opportunity to learn every day. Also, you get the opportunity to really team up to win by participating in co-creation and co-development with other industries and departments.
We welcome you to a highly challenging, dynamic, innovative environment with great technical and personal opportunities for you to explore and develop further.
* 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
* A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
* Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
* Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
* Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount