VIBES.technology / Delft (NL)Apply on site
You will create and build intuitive desktop applications to help the automotive industry reduce sound and vibrations in (electric) cars.
The context for this position is unique: you get to work on interesting and challenging engineering topics, while taking your own decisions regarding feature development and architecture in a non-hierarchical team with a great team spirit.
About the position
As a WPF software engineer at VIBES.technology you will be working together in a team of experienced software engineers, responsible for the implementation of the company's technical innovations into beautiful software products.
For this position we are looking for both mid-level and senior candidates.
* You're a mid-level or senior software developer
* You love to work together in a focused team of developers creating Windows desktop applications, working on architectural aspects of our products and taking choices regarding design
* You're eager to learn about the software we build and the way our clients use it
* You serve as a coach to junior colleagues
* You take ownership - since we're a small team with big ambitions!
This is what you're looking for in your next job
* You will get the chance to work on brand new products in a small team. So your work really contributes to the future of our products and company.
* The product you will be working on was designed to work with hardware and software from a number of parties: you will work with the simulation packages from ANSYS, MSC Nastran and the data acquisition hardware from Müller-BBM, among others.
* The product you will work on is a cool and modern piece of software: no mountains of technical debt to deal with or UI's from the 1980s. We're talking a modern and intuitive application that was built from scratch using the latest frameworks and UI components.
* You will work in a culture based on 'freedom and responsibility'. That means you will enjoy a lot of freedom and flexibility - besides the responsibilities you will be given.
VIBES.technology helps the automotive industry reduce noise and vibrations in cars - creating better driving experiences. We work with engineers at the innovation centers of BMW, Hyundai and Volvo. Rumours are we also work with a highly successful Formula 1 racing team.
We're an international team of professionals. Many of us come from a background of mechanical engineering or software engineering. We all like to take responsibility in developing our software products, while sharing knowledge and learning from each other. Our company culture can best be described as non-hierarchical and based on Freedom and Responsibility. If you're looking for a place where you can make a difference, we might just be the right place for you!
Also - since we are based in Europe's best tech incubator, called Yes!Delft - you will get to enjoy the unique atmosphere and perks we share with about 80 promising companies. Think: foosball, table tennis tables, delicious lunches and completely unique surroundings. And Friday afternoon drinks and parties!
* You have 5-10 years of relevant working experience and hold a relevant degree.
* You can break down and solve complex problems.
* You have either experience creating Microsoft Windows desktop applications using WPF; or you're an experienced .NET developer with an interest in front-end development and eager to become an expert in WPF.
* You can serve as a mentor to junior software developers.
* Ideally, you have some knowledge of applied physics and mathematics, such as multi-dimensional matrices, signal processing and Fourier analysis.
* You love to create intuitive interfaces.
* You are located in the Netherlands. Alternatively, you are located not far away from the Netherlands and you are willing to relocate.
* Please note we are unable to hire candidates currently residing outside the European Union (EU). We are only able to provide VISA sponsorship for candidates from outside of the EU when currently residing in the Netherlands or EU.